Posted to rec.woodworking
Chris Friesen Chris Friesen is offline

Default Problem using Akeda DT jig

wrote:

I made some tests to establish the height of the bit and got it "just
right" after a couple of tries. I then proceeded to do the half blind
joints for the first 5 drawers. I cut the tails in the sides for all
five drawers. Then I switched to the pins on the five sets of front
and back pieces for the drawers. I was very disappointed to find that
the joints did not fit correctly. The tails do not mate tightly to
the pins - there is a 1/16 inch gap; i.e., the is a gap holding the
two pieces apart by 1/16 inch.

Sounds like you cut the tails too deep, or the pins not deep enough.

Chris