Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveBell SteveBell is offline

Default Bubble wrap for insulation

---MIKE--- wrote:

How would bubble wrap work for insulation between a window and a storm
window or between a window and a screen? It would still allow light
to get through and it's not too expensive.

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(440 15' N - Elevation 1580')

I don't think it would accomplish much. Caulking the gaps will work
though.

Insulation comes from having air between the windows that doesn't
exchange with either the indoors or outdoors. The caulk will do that.

Some additional insulation comes from keeping the air that _is_
captured between the panes from circulating and carrying heat from one
piece of glass to the other, and bubble wrap would slow that down a
little, but I'm guessing it wouldn't do it very much.

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement