Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Where are YOU cutting back?

On Mon, 03 Nov 2008 00:25:59 -0600, the infamous Don Foreman
scrawled the following:

On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 13:49:48 -0800 (PST), Too_Many_Tools
wrote:

Speak for yourself. *My several kids are doing fine, and I'd say their
kids are seeing fine examples. *

Don, you know enough about the process...or I assume that you do...to
realize that this is a Republican debt.

As for your kids "doing well", they will be bearing the yoke of this
debt for their entire lives.

Don't kid yourself...the Republicans have made your kids slaves.

You kid yourself, or at least attempt to blow smoke at me, if you
regard our present situation as a partisan issue. It isn't a
Republican debt; they're neither debtor nor creditor. It's an American
debt. Such situations can only be blamed on government and
politicians if you allow, trust and expect them to make all decisions
for everyone.

Swaggerwide Bush has not been an effective leader. We had no good
choices last time and we're in the same fix this time. I'll vote
against the candidate that worries me the most. McCain doesn't thrill
me and Palin thrills me even less, but Obama worries me a lot. All
politicians are artful dodgers and liars but Obama ...

The notion that people should be able to own houses they can't afford
started during the Clinton administration. That said, the repeal of
the Glass act was strongly supported by Republicans. Pick yer
villain, make yer speech.

Banks operated by greedy management (responsive to greedy
stockholders) made loans to irresponsible fools not based on
ability to repay or even expectation of repayment; they were
speculative and often predatory bets that housing prices could only
go up and would never go down so default would still be profitable for
the lender. It wasn't Democrat or Republican, it was greed and
irresponsibility both ways.

The government and politicians, regardless of party, cannot save us
from being short-sighted irresponsible greedy damned fools. We must
correct that ourselves. America has gone soft. Greed is an accepted
and even admired attribute and behavior, responsiblity and integrity
are viewed as for suckers -- or at least others. Budge in line, get
most first. I'm all for sneaky, devious, alert, cunning, sly and
ruthless when dealing with mortal enemies, but when we aspire to
screw each other then our society is doomed because we become our own
enemies.

Some pain and hardship may be necessary to get back on track. ****
happens. My kids have starch. I reckon their kids will too because
values and integrity are learned by example. I'll guarandamntee that
none of my kids, biological or otherwise, will be anyone's slave.

Americans have historically been incredibly resiliant. America and
Americans have been thru some very trying times but the last trial was
a generation or two ago. TBD if we still have the right stuff.

Hear, hear! visualize standing applause for Don here

But feeding the trolls? tsk tsk tsk

--
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for.
-- Earl Warren