Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Bipolar Bear Bipolar Bear is offline

Default Question about old heating oil tank

"Logic316" wrote in message

"Steve" wrote in message

So you wouldn't have a problem with buying a home from someone like you.

I would answer all questions honestly.

Somehow I have doubts...

If a buyer asks me how old the boiler
and the oil tank is,

And if he aske you how much longer it's gonna last ?

I would tell him. If he wants to know how much fuel it
uses, I would show him my oil bills (I have all the receipts going back 7
years). Like I said, if you buy an old car from somebody, even though he
should point out any known defects, it's still your job to ask all the

right
questions and look it over carefully (or insist that an expert examine

it),
but to still expect the possibility that something might go wrong sooner
than if you bought it brand new. If you have a problem with that, then

maybe
they should just make it illegal for anybody to ever sell anything in used
condition?

Tyhe whole idea is based upon a stupit premise anyways go away quit flipping
houses asshole...

--either he wants the house or not--now, if you dont want it then quit
wasting my time cause Im not gonna replace the roof, carpets hvac paint
upograde electric plant palm trees install a telescope and solar cells
etc. just because you and your realtor think it *might make the place more
attractive to the average buyer.

Personally, I would also have to ask.. whatelse in the house have you
screwed with that is gonna give me a problem.

I'm not sure what you mean. I haven't touched the oil tank, except once

just
to clean out the whistle.

- Logic316

"...trusting the government with your privacy is like
having a Peeping Tom install your window blinds."
-- John Perry Barlow