Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default What's the best insulation to use with 2x4's?

Jeff wrote:
Since it is the trapped air that does the insulating, I doubt if it would
make much difference since compressing the R-13 insulation would reduce its
insulating ability.

"Aaron Fude" wrote in message
Hi,

My contractor told me to use R13 insulation on the walls framed out by
2x4's. He said that it won't fit thinkness-wise, but I would be able
to compress it with drywall. Does that sound like good advice?

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron

Hi,
Wondering if amount of air trapped inside the batt is same whether it is
compressed or loose? I understand R means resistance against air leak.