Posted to alt.architecture,alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Help!!

"Info" wrote in message
diainc...
I need to remodel a bathroom to accomodate my wheelchair and received this
from a designer. He's been doing thois work for twenty years. After
visiting your site, residence and discussing the scope of work you
would like to implement, I believe that DMH DESIGN can fully assist you in
as an integral team member, helping you to design and plan your
remodel/alteration to the main floor Master bathroom and Minor Kitchen
work
relating to cabinetry and shelving (All components to be verified with
owner
provided site survey and Seattle DPD Building and Planning criteria, as
necessary)

Hourly Rates, Project Retainer and Billing

All the fees in each of the categories above are based on an hourly rate
of
$95/hr. I ask for a $ 1000.00 retainer of the total proposed fee, upon my
receipt of this signed proposal at the project inception ($244 previously
paid by check number 5440. 28 Oct. 08) $756 Bal.

Are you sure this guy is a designer? This was obviously written by a lawyer
and has more loopholes than my grandmother's knitting. There are an awful
lot of open ended opportunities to bill for services, needed or not. Given
that this is a re-model, do you need all those plans and permits?

For a business to be ADA compliant there are some stringent rules, but for a
personal re-model, it only has to suite you. Basic needs are a wide enough
door opening, correct height toilet with grab bars, accessible sink. Any
builder and/or plumber that has done one or two knows exactly what is
needed.

I'd be afraid to contract this guy. Too many variables.