Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Logic316 Logic316 is offline

Default Question about old heating oil tank

"Bubba" wrote in message

So then in your translation what you are saying is:
You have an old oil tank, you know it is rusting through, you know it
is in bad shape BUT you want to **** the guy who is buying the home.
Same ol Same ol.
Get it replaced and move on.
Bubba

Hardly.
I DON"T know how much rust may or may not be in the bottom of that tank. But
if it's not leaking, then it's not leaking. I just want to know how to apply
a temporary fix until I could put a new tank in, in the event that it starts
dripping. Stop making ASSumptions. I see no reason to change something now
just because *maybe* years down the road either I or the next homeowner
*might* possibly have a problem. Otherwise, you might as well replace
everything in the whole damn house "just in case", and that's just getting
stupid. I don't care if you think that makes me a cheapass. If you're
selling something that's old, a buyer can't expect absolutely everything to
be guaranteed. It's much the same as with selling off your old car - the
buyer, to some extent, has to take into consideration that he may run into
problems sooner than if he bought it brand new.

- Logic316

"If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist it's
another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of
nonconformity."