Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Logic316 Logic316 is offline

Default Question about old heating oil tank

wrote in message
news
On Sat, 1 Nov 2008 16:54:27 -0400, "Logic316"

If you change it now the new buyer won't knock your price down due to
an oil poluted basement.

It's a high-gloss enamel coated floor. Unlikely any dripping oil would
contaminate the concrete or ground under it. And with the oil pooling on top
of the floor with no place to go, it would be kind of hard for me to not
notice a leak. Of course, the way the oil company guys tend to carelessly
spill oil onto the ground next to the filler spout by the side of my house,
well, maybe I won't get into that.......

- Logic316

"Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can get."