Posted to alt.home.repair
Jud McCranie[_2_] Jud McCranie[_2_] is offline

Default brown crud in water tank

On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 13:13:27 -0800 (PST), BobK207
wrote:

run the output of the hose through a filter for about the same amount
of the water ...two baths, dishes & clothes washing 200+ gallons?

I don't have any practical way of doing that. These filters go into
the water line and the faucet at the pump is a garden hose.

What has changed recently to cause the situation you have? Why the
algae growth? Why is it now clogging the filter & not previously?

The only thing was me adding air to the tank, which I think knocked
the stuff loose.

I don't know how large your filter element is but typically filter
loads are measeured in grams....... small filters ~50 grams, larger
ones 250 grams +
depending on the size of your filter you could clog it quickly

It was clogged with things about the size of a quarter, see the
message I added an hour or two ago.
--
Replace you know what by j to email