Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Review: Zenith DTT901 DTV converter box

dpb wrote:

Pete C. wrote:

It's on the FCC.gov site.

You have a more precise link?

I found several references to the "may be broadcasting w/ lower signal"
but all simply said "contact the broadcast station" of somesuch. Which,
of course, if I had gotten any response therefrom, I'd already know the
answer...

I _did_ get the lift back together yesterday, but by then what w/
spending some time w/ the pheasant hunters (yesterday was Opening Day)
and other required stuff the wind had gotten breezy enough I didn't much
relish the idea of trying to mess w/ the antenna so put the evaluation
task off...

--

It's not the most user friendly, which is probably why it isn't linked
from the consumer DTV pages:

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/video/tvq.html

Query on DT, STA, or other relevant fields. The ERP (Effective Radiated
Power) field will tell you their transmission power. You'll see multiple
entries for stations with different status fields like CP (construction
permit), LIC, etc. Where you see ERPs of a few to tens of KW for a main
channel (not LP or aux of some type), you can be pretty sure that value
will go higher after the cutover.