Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier Mikepier is offline

Default Adding a little antifreeze to sprinkler line.

On Nov 2, 1:11*pm, "John Grabowski" wrote:
"Mikepier" wrote in message

On Nov 2, 10:17 am, "John Grabowski" wrote:

"Steve Barker DLT" wrote in
messagenews:OIidnXoOcLUUd5HUnZ2dnUVZ_oninZ2d@gigan ews.com...

turn the water on. it'll blow out the sprinkler heads. duh.

Well that's obvious, but I thought that blowing antifreeze all over the
lawn
was not good for the environment as well as the grass.

When I say add antifreeze, I'm only talking like 1/2 cup.
Diluted with the water already in there, which is no more than 1/2
cup, I thought it would be ok

Suppose 1% of the inground sprinkler owners in your state thought the same
way. *How much antifreeze would wind up in storm sewers and ultimately in
rivers, streams, ponds, lakes, etc.?

Again, going back to the other poster, this is the non-toxic stuff.