Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark[_22_] Mark[_22_] is offline

Default how to get rid of large orange wasps inside my house

Every fall and spring the inside of my house gets overrun with large
orange wasps. They are all pretty sluggish and congregrate along the
top corners of west-facing windows where it is obviously warmer late
in the day. I have no idea how they are getting inside--i will
sometimes burn my gas fireplace and will get a handful that fall down
into the fire, but I keep the damper closed otherwise so I don't think
it is likely they get in through the fireplace. I live in a two story
house, and I'd guess 99% of the wasps I find are on the first floor.

Any thoughts on how to find where they are getting into the house?

assuming I can't find where they are coming in (if I could, I'd just
seal the entry up), any suggestions on how to keep them out?