Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Steve is offline

Default How to fix score-marks in Hep2O pipe

Hi.

I need to connect to some 15mm Hep2O (i.e. plastic) pipe in my central
heating, but the pipe has a long score mark where the joint will be; I'd
guess it could be up to 0.5mm deep. I'm worried the joint will weep. It
would be a bu**ger to replace the pipe back to where it is unscored.

The alternatives I can think of a

- use a pushfit fitting with silicone grease or a PTFE-based jointing
compound to fill the score mark;

- use a compression fitting 'clean', hoping the olive will compress into the
score and/or the plastic will deform to give a good seal;

- use a compression fitting with some jointing compound or PTFE tape around
the outside of the olive.

(It goes without saying that I'll need to use an insert, by the way!)

What are your view on the best approach?

Cheers

Steve