Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Soldering Iron for Computer Cables

In article , dave
scribeth thus
On Sun, 02 Nov 2008 10:21:18 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

I think Weller is the best you can get in terms of quality of
materials and they are excellent designs ergo-wise too. I've had my
tcp one for 25 years and it still works fine.

Yep best Irons ever, hate to think what age ours actually are been
around since the 80's at least!)

btw RS still sell leaded solder (at least they did about 3 months
ago). Interestingly the smaller diam resin cored stuff is more
expensive that the thicker stuff... well I suppose it's trickier to
pour the flux into those tiny little holes :-)

Proper solder is around..
--
Tony Sayer