Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Pressure Washer GPM

On Nov 1, 10:42*am, wrote:
I understand that GPM can be as important or more important than PSI
for "getting work done". *So, I'd like as high a GPM as possible,
obviously. *I'd be using the pressure washer for occasional home use
and occasional semi-pro use for handyman/odd jobs.

But I'm concerned about source water flow. *I'm on city water, but I
just checked an inside line and an outside hose, and I'm getting 4 GPM
max, maybe 3.5 GPM. *Does that definitely rule out a 4 GPM machine?
I'm concerned about cavitation in the pump.

No that rating is the max the machine accepts, a 6 gpm machine works
usualy on 4 gpm for example, find minimums needed to run pump you want