Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Pouring concrete into a tight space

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
There is a section of the concrete wall I would like to pour solid concrete
into.

It is a section that originally was concrete block with a 2" cast iron vent
stack inside. I had to cut the wall with a 6" wide opening to expose the CI
pipe so that I cut fit a snap cutter and cut out an 18" length. I had to do
it because I had to lower the sanitary tee from the kitchen sink so my wife
can have a deep sink and a disposer - the original stub out was too high.

Anyways now it's all done and I think the best way to close it up is to just
pack solid concrete around this 2" pipe.

I can cut a 1x6 and attach them on both sides of the opening to use as forms
for the concrete pour. However I am not sure how I would pour the concrete in
such a tight space to make sure they are packed around the pipe and with a
small opening chances are I will spill a lot of concrete as I try to pour them
in. Should I do it in sections, like add them row by row (6" pour at a time)
or better do it all in one shot?

A manual grout pump would do this well. If you can find one to rent, it could be
a good possibility. You need a "grout mix" to pump.

http://www.kenrichproducts.com/

http://www.kenrichproducts.com/