Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier Mikepier is offline

Default Adding a little antifreeze to sprinkler line.

On Nov 2, 3:59*am, buffalobill wrote:
On Nov 1, 6:19*pm, Mikepier wrote:

Last week I blew out my sprinklers. I borrowed a compressor from a
friend. Then today while trying to hook up my hose to wash my car, I
accidentally hit the gate valve to my sprinkler feed line and a little
water got in to the PVC line that goes from my hose bib to the
sprinkler manifold under my deck. *I was thinking if I poured a little
antifreeze into the line it would prevent any freezing from whatever
little water got in there. Any drawbacks to doing this?
(I have since removed the gate handle so it will not happen again).

best to always try to keep water lines clean of impurities. *if
there's ever a drop in the main water pressure from the street, a
contaminant becomes a cross feed problem to those in your home and
potentially your neighbors. *i'd choose air over the recreational
vehicle non-toxic antifreeze. never the toxic stuff.
-b

I have some old vodka lying in the basement. That's safe.