Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.running
DanG DanG is offline

Default Weldwood contact cement good to re-bond running shoe parts?

Everyone who works with leather uses Barge cement.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"James" wrote in message
On Nov 1, 1:09 pm, Coal Porter wrote:

This stuff is like *extreme* airplane glue and I always have
some on
hand for general glueing (other than woods). It'll replace a
rivet on
an old tool, it's that strong

I'm actually trying to avoid Shoe Goo, that's what I'm beating my
brains out now to remove from a previous half-assed repair
attempt,
using MEK to dissolve it.

but I'm sure you know that once shoes
start to pull apart, they're a little like Humpty Dumpty.

Dunno, looking at how the the shoe is constructed, the sole,
cushioning mid-sole and rest of the shoe are distinct pieces held
together by adhesive. With the contact areas are cleaned
thoroughly,
if a suitable adhesive is used, I don't see why it shouldn't be
possible to bond them together. These are some Nike running shoes
that
I really like and are otherwise pretty intact, seems worth the
effort
to see if I can refurbish them, to at least have them as a backup
pair.