Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Soldering Iron for Computer Cables

In article ,
Kevin writes:
Tim Downie wrote:

Surely what you want is leaded solder? ;-)

if you can still get it that is ,that's why I stocked up :-)

So do I, but it's easily available from everywhere except Maplin,
and apparently will remain so.

Also, given my component stocks are all lead tinned, I'm not sure
what happens if you mix those with lead-free solder (or use leaded
solder with lead-free components, which are slowly starting to
appear in my stocks). I've not noticed any ill effects yet.

--
Andrew Gabriel