Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default wire connector in socket box ?

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
But an alternative is to connect the first supply cable (grey cover
with red and black inside) in a lower rated 15 amp block and take new
2.5 mm cable to

15A connectors are not suitable. The current in any single cable in a
ring circuit can exceed that.

Be interested to know just how a 15 amp connector block differs from the
terminals found in a 13 amp socket?

The diameter of the hole is similar as are the fixing screws. If the
cables being jointed are overlapped over the entire length of the
connector so both screws grip both I'd say they'll make an excellent
connection well up to handling any current the cable can.

--
*I pretend to work. - they pretend to pay me.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.