Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Soldering Iron for Computer Cables

In article ,
Bob Eager wrote:
Yes, lead-free solder. Didn't realise I needed anything special for
the iron. Having a look at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soldering_iron shows me I need 350-400°C.

Just get leaded solder! Easy to obtain if you are not 'commercial'.

I don't think it is in the small quantities the OP sounds like he'd use.
Sure you can buy it by the reel from the major suppliers - with a minimum
order cost - but I've not seen it recently in small quantities from a
retailer like Maplin.

--
*A nest isn't empty until all their stuff is out of the attic

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.