Posted to uk.d-i-y
Kevin Kevin is offline

Default put a euro socket in a uk house

geoff wrote:
In message , Kevin
writes
geoff wrote:
In message ,
BigWallop writes

"gazz" wrote in message
would there be any regulations i'd be breaking if i fitted a german
shuko
style 2 pin with side earth strip socket in my house?

... ...
i wouldent usually even give this kind of thing a second thought,
i'd put
one in... better than using an adaptor or the easy solution which i
know
is
to change the power lead to a uk version.

but we are going to have one of those bods from warm front come
round and
assess how much insulation we need to have added (stair celing area is
totaly open to the roof and has no insulation at all)
and i can just imagine him noticing the shuko socket and getting arsey
about
it and putting on his report that i have illegal sockets in the
house or
something like that.

ROFLMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Euro adapter costs about 3 quid at most. Why the hell would you
want to
start messing about with the house wiring when the adapter is
cheaper to buy
than the actual socket.

Remember this advice well. Put your brain into gear before picking
up the
tools. An hour of useful thought is much better than an hour of
useless
humiliation.

Unfortunately, it's become common practice here of late
posting before thinking or asking the actual relevant authority has
become the norm
like the eejit who posted a while back asking how to remove a
sticker from his car rear window - much stupid discussion ensued,
then he actually tried removing it and it just peeled off
The ask first, think later culture is well and truly here

but sometimes asking first is better than FUBAR then asking how to put
it back together

I'm not talking about that

I'm on about posting first, thinking later

that's exactly the same is it not????

--
Kevin R
Reply address works