Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
SenatorPork SenatorPork is offline

Default Question about old heating oil tank

Logic316 wrote:
"Noon-Air" wrote in message

Until the buyer actually *PAYS* a competent, licensed, insured,
professionally trained tech to go over the system with a fine tooth comb
and the new owner demands that either the whole system be replaced, or
that estimated replacement cost is credited against the purchase price.

Didn't think of that, did you?

But that just brings us back to my original question. How exactly do *I*
tell if my oil tank is on it's last legs? Otherwise, any reasonable
homeowner must assume that if it's not leaking, then it's still good, no
matter how old it may be.

- Logic316

"CYNIC, n. A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as
they ought to be. Hence the custom among the Scythians of plucking out a
cynic's eyes to improve his vision."
-- Ambrose Bierce

hit it with a hammer and if oil comes out it is bad.