Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
.p.jm@see_my_sig_for_address.com .p.jm@see_my_sig_for_address.com is offline

Default Question about old heating oil tank

On Sat, 1 Nov 2008 16:54:27 -0400, "Logic316"
wrote:

"Bubba" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 23:48:52 -0400, "Logic316"
wrote:

You continue to amaze me with your cheapness and stupidity.
Its obvious your tank is old and an accident waiting to happen.
Why not do it now before you tank leaks/busts/ruptures? You obviously
will do it yourself since you seem to know everything. How hard is it
to go buy a tank with the screw on legs, get a buddy and a dolly and a
12 pack and put a new one in place? Make sure you put a bottom drain
with shut-off to periodically drain off the bottom contents to remove
water and sediment. Put the whole tank in a pan. Convert it to a two
pipe change your filter and nozzle and you are good to go.
With the excess oil you burn being a tightass tuning your own boiler,
surely you wont mind spending a few hundred bucks to change out your
tank.
Bubba

I know I'm feeding a troll here, but what if somebody's in a situation where
he's planning to sell the house soon anyway?
Didn't think of that, did you?

Then you are legally obligated to disclose all defects, not
just put a bandaid on them.

Didn't think of that, did you?

- Logic316

Expertn) from EX as in 'has been' and SPURT, 'a little drip under
pressure'.

www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo online at www.pmilligan.net/palm/
Free 'People finder' program now at www.pmilligan.net/finder.htm