Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Where are YOU cutting back?

On Oct 28, 10:25*pm, Don Foreman
wrote:
On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 12:32:24 -0700 (PDT), Too_Many_Tools

wrote:
On Oct 25, 11:07*pm, Don Foreman
wrote:
On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 08:57:15 -0700 (PDT), Too_Many_Tools

wrote:
In tough times consumers tend to cut back...so where are you cutting
back, reprioritizing resources, whatever to make that dollar go
farther?

I am also posting this in the metal and wood working groups to hear
how those who pursue the hobby are allotting their resources.

Thanks

TMT

We're not cutting back at all. *The long plan assumed that there'd be
some volatility along the way and factored that in. *We've avoided
overspending *when times seemed lush so we wouldn't need to cut back
when downturns came. * *

The biggest worry here is that of the Democrats discovering the
prudent and provident, *taking from us to give to the improvident,
lazy, and even illegals. *Step one might be to disarm the citizenry so
a revolt or uprising from the peasants might be more easily quelled. *

Forty some years ago, a Democrat who was a real leader (JFK) said "Ask
not..." etc. *The recent campaign mail barrage from the dems asks if
my household would "get any" under a GOP administration. *The appeal
is to immediate greed without regard for debt for later or the obvious
strategic vulnerability that national debt produces. This appeal is
obviously working. *That worries me much more than market gyrations.
When a democratic republic reaches the point where both the people and
the government regard it as OK to pillage and plunder the treasury and
the citizenry, *that entity's days are numbered. *Greedy lazy citizens
with no effective leadership exacerbate the vulnerability. *

Nice try but it has been a Republican so far that has run up a
trillion national debt that your grandchildren don't have a chance in
hell to pay off.

Wrong. *It has happened on a Republican's watch but it started more
than 8 years ago. *Greed, and the notion that cheating and artful
dodging are clever if successful, are non-partisan. *Campaign appeals
to greed are too. Both parties are appealing to greed, albeit in
different ways. *

There will always be mindless party parrots of both kinds. I regard
their spewings and repetitions as I do those of mindless zeolots of
any stripe. *If the shoe fits... * *

I don't like either candidate much regardless of *their party
affiliations. One scares me more than the other and party affiliation
has little or nothing to do with it. *We've had great leaders from
both parties, though none in recent memory.

If my grandchildren live thru a depression *they may just get their
values right, greed may fall out of fashion and favor, and this
country just might *surivive. *The folks that lived thru the last
depression turned out to be a generation of producers, savers and
patriots. *- Hide quoted text -

It has happened on the Republican's watch...and they had EIGHT years
to turn it around.

They did not....a trillion dollar debt says that they took all they
could.

And you are quite right about this nation's grandchildren...if they do
survive the coming years, it will be not because of anything we did
for them.

This generation has failed its children.

TMT