Posted to uk.d-i-y
brass monkey brass monkey is offline

Default 20c all day and 18c all night?

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.net...
On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 19:40:28 +0000, Chewbacca wrote:

If you are used to a cold house and now have CH the bill will be much
bigger.

Yes, space heating eats fuel like no other domestic consumption.

yearly gas & electric bill about £1000

Only £1000 for both, wee that would be nice. Lecky bill is about £750 a
year, last lot of oil (2000l) was over £1000 and we use about 4000l/year.
Fortunately the price has dropped so I'm hoping the next fill will only be
£800 ish... "Fuel poverty" yeah I know all about fuel poverty. B-(

Gordon Bennet, if our bill looks like being in that sort of range i'll find
a canal and jump in it.
Maybe I'll look for some kindling and a few housebricks for the centre of
the lounge
Thanks for all the input, folks.
We used to live in terraced property, gas fires and lecky blankets kinda
thing.
Now we're in a circa 1965 bungalow, cavity walls (no insulation yet), fairly
minimal insulation in the loft.
What I hate most is walking past the greenstar and seeing that green light
signifying burning gas. Maybe I should tape over it