Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Senator Obama's Four Tax Increases for People Earning Under $250k

HeyBub wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
That's why a consumption or sales tax is better. Like
what's called The Fair Tax. The only problem I have with
that proposal is "the prebate". I asked one of the people
who was promoting the plan "Who will administrate this
prebate?". His answer was The Social Security Administration.
Geez! That herd of Affirmative Action bureaucrats
electronically kills thousands of American citizens every
year and those killed on paper, as it were, have one hell
of a time getting their life back. That's who he said would
administer the program. What we need is some sort of national
sales tax and nothing else. It has to be low enough so that
people won't try to evade it. You pay your tax when you buy
something new at retail and that's it. No more government
intrusion into your life but the powers to be don't want to
give up control over you.

I like your idea of the Fair Tax.

Many years ago, during the McGovern campaign, I came up with the Fair-Fair
Tax. Take the budget of the United States and divide it by the number of
folks in the country. Let's say that comes to $10,000 per person. Each
person, then, has to pay $10,000 per year in taxes. I tried to work out the
difficulties with this new plan.

In the case of a poor person who doesn't have $10,000, I figured that person
could donate one unit of blood plasma per month (at $1,000 credit per unit)
for ten months and have their tax bill for the year paid. Sort of like the
current withholding plan.

But what about the 20-year old mother of four? She couldn't donate FIVE
units of plasma and taking blood from her children would be cruel. Well, she
could donate a kidney. The credit awarded for that donation could easily
cover her and her brood for five years. After five years, she could donate a
cornea and get five years more credit.

At the end of that time, her eldest would be out making babies and she could
drop back to the blood plasma routine.

I think someone worked that one out already.
Soylent Green:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_Green

TDD