Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default More mill tools !

Randy Replogle wrote:
Terry Coombs wrote:
My buddy BilltheMachinist called the other day . Said I should come
see him , he had something I might want .
He did .
I rode away with a hexing and squaring set , complete with 5C
collets up to an inch . Clamp one on the mill with stops on x and y
, turn round stock into squares or hex a special bolt head ...

Collet blocks?
RR

I'm guessing that's what you'd call them . One is square , one is hex ,
both are machined to accept a 5C collet . Clamp them to the mill table (I'll
probably use the vise , it's already squared to the bed) against stops on
two axes , make round stock either square or hex . Bill doesn't always tell
me what the "proper" name of a tool is ... but he's damn good at explaining
how to use them !
--
Snag
'90 Ultra "Strider"