Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] alan200@iinet.net.oz is offline

Default OT? Metal or plastic bucket for man lift

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 07:07:51 -0600, nick hull wrote:

I'm building a portable elevator to mount on my tractor's 3-point hitch
so I can reach into trees, etc. It will be based on a Genie SuperLift
24 which is rated for 24' overhead lift 0f 640#. I want something small
and light and cheap, a 55 gal drum seems a little too small to hold me
with my tools. The actual lift will be limited to 20'

Weld a suitably sized frame from 25 or 30 mms quare tube with
marine ply ( or formply ) sides & base. Not particularly cheap but
you will have to make a suitable base to mount any ready made bucket
and a welded frame will be stronger and safer, plus tool
brackets/boxes can be welded on.

Alan