Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Makita TD020DSE

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 00:38:24 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Have you tried it for removing painted/rusty screws yet? Even slotted
ones?

Yup. Far better than using even the best quality hand screwdriver.

I think this thread has just sorted out a Christmas present for me. Impact
driver or maybe one of those ultrasonic multi saw things. Which would the
panel say is the most useful?

Makita impact driver. Without a shadow of a doubt. For me, far more
likely to be used very regularly. I suppose the Bosch/Fein would be
indispensable when it really is needed - but I have to admit that
wouldn't be very often for me. Which is why I have a Mak but not a
Bosch/Fein.

(But if someone wants to buy me a Bosch/Fein for Christmas, that is OK!)

--
Rod

onset.