Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Review: Zenith DTT901 DTV converter box

dpb wrote:
Pete C. wrote:
dpb wrote:
dpb wrote:
Oh, one more thing...in analog pass-thru mode the signal was
significantly poorer, to the point of being virtually unwatchable.

--

Remember that at or shortly after the cutover date, most of those
digital signals will get a lot stronger. Most of the current digital

I don't know that is or isn't true of these--they've not put out any
information regarding that point I'm aware of...

It totally depends on how they decided to implement things. In the case
of my market two of the five stations are running with temporary
installations with a lower antenna and much lower ERP than they will
have after the cutoff. The other five installed permanent equipment and
what you see now is what you will see after the cutoff. I know this
because my buddy does facilities engineering. Sometimes you can get
answers if you call the station and manage to talk to someone besides
the normal staff.

I've asked for info from two of the three; no response so far.