Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bicycle Repair

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 21:26:22 -0400, wrote:

Some moron left a pretty decent bike on my lawn (short version) and it
needed a few repairs so I did 'em.. I'm left with one I'm not sure how
to do. The tires have a wobble. Is there a method to the madness of
adjusting the spokes to help alleviate those wobbles??

TIA

Yes. First check the wheel for any rim/hub damage/rust and remove any
reflectors/decoration from the spokes. There is a small tool to
tighten/loosen the square-shaped spoke nipples. You can true the
wheel without removing it from the bicycle by watching the spacing
near the brake pads. Look where each spoke is attached and how it is
pulling against the rim. When you're done, plucking will tell give
you about spokes that may be too loose.