Charlie Self

Default Dissatisfied with Lee Valley order

Renata notes:

(Now,(for example) if you have some interesting set up where you have
an alley behind your house and everyone routinely makes deliveries
back there, I take back a _part_ of my rant at you)

Ah, hell. I've got an alley alongside my house, but it's narrow (funny thing
about alleys), and none of the delivery people are interested in going there
and into my tiny, fenced back yard. So it's front porch for deliveries 99% of
the time, regardless of requests. So, I look.

Probably as well they don't go into the alley: the kids down the other end blow
through here on and in a wide variety of clapped out vehicles, blast across the
street and into the extension of the alley on that side. If they ever got
whacked by a delivery truck, it would bring on a real spate of "child on
bicycle is hit by vehicle" as we had a week or so ago. Turned out a 17 year old
ignored a stop sign and ran into the side of a passing car, so the TV and
newspaper dolts tried to make it the driver's fault. I don't think many of the
kids on our alley are 17 yet, though. Some may make it.

Charlie Self

"Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without
integrity is dangerous and dreadful."
Samuel Johnson