Posted to balt.general,misc.consumers,alt.home.repair

Default Brand New Cub Cadet -- Lasted For One Minute

On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 17:38:26 GMT, Windswept@Home (Jack) wrote:

On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 10:21:40 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Oct 31, 12:57=A0pm, Windswept@Home (Jack) wrote:
GT 2550

Started right up and ran at half-throttle for a minute per instruction
manual. =A0Moved to 3/4 throttle and it stalled. =A0Now won't start at
all, or even grind. =A0Just a clicking noise.

Man, this has got to be a world record. =A0I'll call Guinness and
Ripley.

"Just a clicking noise" sounds like a dead battery. It may have been
weak and had only 1 start left. 1 minute at half throttle might not
have been long enough to charge it up. Have you tried jumping it?

I know that doesn't explain the stalling, but if you could get it
started again with a jump, you'd be that much closer to seeing if
there was real problem with the machine.

That's good advice and I do have jumpers as well as a charger and
would follow that advice for an older unit, but I expect a brand new
machine to have a battery that works. Unit to be picked up by
retailer tomorrow. Thanks.

You DID put oil in the crankcase before starting it, I hope. The
engines are shipped DRAINED.