Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Two breakers, one circuit

"drhender" wrote in message
After a bit of thought, I realized that there was a single switch box
in the kitchen that contained lights from both circuits...
one switch (a 3-way) controls the light in the foyer and the rest
control kitchen lights. That seemed like a likely spot
to start looking so I pulled it open. I discovered that all of the
neutrals in the box were tied together, crossing the two
circuits together. I pulled the incoming and outgoing neutrals for
the foyer light out and tied them together separately
and the problem is fixed.

Thanks to all for the advice.

Thanks for posting the final outcome.