Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bob Shuman[_2_] Bob Shuman[_2_] is offline

Default Grounding roof antenna?

We were likely working at the Naperville, IL (Indian Hill) facility at the
same time and probably passed each other in the cafeteria or in the
hallways... BTW, I started there in 1979 and just a few months ago, moved
back to the same old building. So now it is ~30 years later and I work an
aisle away on the same floor and in the same building that I started in.
But it is an entirely different company now as you well know.

(Another) Bob

"hr(bob) " wrote in message
On Oct 30, 6:35 pm, "Bob Shuman" wrote:
Neighbor,

I too am living west of Chicago, IL in western Dupage County.

Bob

"Sudy Nim" wrote in message news:rKoOk.10353
Looks, as if we could be neighbors, you must know of
DuPage County?- Hide quoted text -

Bob H is Bob Hofmann retired from Bell Labs EMC group in Naperville,
IL. I put myself thru college in the 1950's installing towers and
antennas and vacuum tube antenna boosters in Fort PIerce, Florida.
After a good summer storm, we could count on getting calls from people
whose tower amplifiers had been blown apart and whose 300 ohm twin
lead if intact had no conductivity because the copper had ben
vaporized into the poyethelene or what poastic was used for the
downleads. Nearest tv station was Miami, 125 miles away, so
amplifiers on towers was the only way to get signals. When West Palm
Beach went on the air, only 57 miles away, people began to get serious
about buying tv's since roofotp antennas becanme somewhat
practical.....