Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default Do you call that "deflation"?

''... the Commerce Department reported that inflation was at 4.2 percent
in
September compared with a year ago, down slightly from the 4.5 percent
annual gain in August. Outside of food and fuel products, prices

I just had my best year ever at the roadside market, and a terrible year at
wholesale. The cause was the same in both cases. Retail groceries raised the
price of apples over 50% from last year. I kept price the same on commodity
apples and raised 10% on premium varieties for both wholesale and retail.
Thus my roadside price was way below the grocery and customers noticed.
Grocery sales died and took the wholesale with it. There was no good reason
for the groceries to take that large increase.

I bet the same thing is happening in a lot of other areas.

karl