Kevin Craig

Default My apology to Robin Lee of Lee Valley

In article , Doug
Miller wrote:

And you're right, FedEx *does* falsify delivery signatures, at least some of
the time. I had an example recently; a package worth several hundred dollars
was left in the driveway. The tracking information shows that it was signed
for by "F. Rontdoor" !!

http://tinyurl.com/nepl

Gun collectors (I am one) deal with this all the time. Firearms and
ammunition are normally shipped "adult signature required", but the
only times I've ever actually encountered a delivery critter were when
I was at my computer desk 12 feet from the front door. I'd hear the
doorbell ring, get up, and barely see them before they reached the end
of the sidewalk. They're *fast*!.

You should hear the horror stories on the collector mailing lists:
valuable firearms delivered without signature, left outside in the
weather on the back deck, reported "stolen in transit" to the BATF,
only to be discovered as a rusty mess some weeks later. Or (worse),
propped up against the front door in full view of the street. I've
opened the front door for my kids' friends dropping over after school,
only to discover 1,400 rounds of 8mm rifle ammunition "hidden" under
the welcome mat (it's rather like hiding a bus under your living room
rug).

Like lots of people, we only use the front door for guests and pizza
delivery. But when I order something, I check it every single day,
while also tracking it online.

Kevin