Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Aerodynamics of a vent?

Engineer wrote in message
On Oct 29, 7:29 pm, "DaveM" wrote:
"N_Cook" wrote in message

(snip)

Not addressing the question on vents; I'll just add that my tube
amplifiers are NOT in cabinets or cases (actually, one is, a Stromberg-
Carlson, but I don't use it - just a "collector"!) My reasons a 1)
glass vacuum tubes (valves) look really good without cabinets -
particularly in a dark room (you can always tart-up the chassis with
polished wood sides, black-painted transformers, gold trim, etc.), and
2) they run cooler.
Cheers,
Roger
Thornhill, Ontario, Canada.

You don't get windmilling guitarists in a domestic environment, let alone
clumsy grunts throwing kit around.

Otherwise amp controls at the top and 12 inch speakers mean that the valves
tend to be usually mounted upside down otherwise it means an extra six
inches of cab height.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England