Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob Meyer Bob Meyer is offline

Default Making whistles, still...

I have some photos on Snapfish. Not sure how the sharing thing works. This
might work.
http://26noteorgan.snapfish.com/snapfish

The organ plays a punched paper roll similar to a player piano, but about 4
inches wide.
The roll passes over a tracker bar in a pressurized box. As a hole is
uncovered, air passes out to open a valve that allows air to flow to the
appropriate pipe. Air is supplied by three pumping bellows feeding a
reservoir with springs developing 8 water inches of pressure.

Bob

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 16:58:57 -0700, the infamous "Bob Meyer"
scrawled the following:

I've made a few whistles myself.....
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=powaybob

Wow, impressive. (I almost like the Faust Waltz.) Do you sell a lot of
'em up the street at the Lawrence Welk Resort? Do you use a drilled
cylinder to tube air to the proper pipe to produce the music? I'm
guessing how they work after having seen music box and player piano
mechanisms.

LJ, who used to live in Vista.

--
Change is the process by which the future invades our lives.
-- Alvin Toffler