Posted to uk.d-i-y
robert robert is offline

Default C/H - Setting Auto Bypass Valve With Variable Speed Pump?

TheScullster wrote:
"Peter Hemmings"wrote

snip

The reason I was not going to shut all valves was that I have 2 towel rads
which are never shut/adjusted so I thought I would never get to the state
when everything was shut!

Don't you have a zone valve controlling all flow to the central heating, or
is this Baxi Barcelona supplying one heating circuit only and no h/w?
If it has a zone valve upstream of the towel rads then the by-pass will be
needed of course.

Phil

Reading between the lines of the alpha + literature, if the boiler
doesnt require a minimum flowrate then is there any need for a bypass
valve ? The pump in automatic or constant pressure mode seems to cope
with zero flow .