Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fed up with HP

wrote:
Fed up with the reliability of HPs printers (Talking about the sub
£300 market here.) which seem to have gone down the tubes recently.
We've had 2 DOAs and at least 3 die within 6 months. Dealing with
their "Customer Support" is enough to give you severly raised blood
pressure. It's a pity, as i've been buying their kit and finding it
very reliable for years prior to this.

What brands are people having success with these days, or has the
downward trend in prices meant that they are all going the same way?

HP customer support stinks nowadays. It used to be very good. I've
bought HP computers and printers for many years and prior to my last
purchase contacted their customer support with a minor technical
question and after a week they finally emailed back, not answering my
question but giving the impression they had to say something to meet
some customer response time target. Basically they didn't give a damn -
that came through loud and clear in their email. So I did not buy the HP
computer I had originally planned to and have not bought any HP products
since.

HP customer support seems designed to lose existing customers.

--
David in Normandy.

by a filter and not reach my inbox.