Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water heater inlet pipe connection leak

Thanks for the replies everyone. �I'm happy to report back that the
inlet pipe has not leaked again since I've tightened. �I'll be keeping
a close eye on it, and the rest of the tank, for the next several
months to ensure that the problem doesn't come back. �If it does, I'll
try teflon tape and/or replace the inlet fitting(s). �And if that
doesn't work, well, I'll evaluate my options then.

Thanks again.

good luck the porcelin coating inside the tank is failing, it will
leak again, probably within weeks. teflon tape will likely patch it up
again, but you will need a new tank.

be very carefulf the tanks leak water can damage a finished space.
like a finished basement floor. my dads in phoenix, they went on a
cruise, while gone the tank sprung a leak and filled the house with a
foot of water. total damages were about 30 grand. his tank was in a
closet.

in new phoenix homes the tank is in the garage, so leaks cant do so
much damage

phoenix homes dont have basements nearly all built on a slab,.

sorry to be a downer, but rather warn you in advance, not all leaks
are small ones. you may find a different fitting leaking. once the
tanks anode rod is used up overall failure is coming fast