Posted to alt.home.repair
Andrew[_10_] Andrew[_10_] is offline

Default Water heater inlet pipe connection leak

On Oct 28, 8:07*pm, (Jerry - OHIO) wrote:
Turn off water and remove inlet pipe and use teflon tape on the threads
and reinstall.If it still leaks than replace it.
Jerry

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutc...oodWorkingPage

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutcher/CARWRECK

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm happy to report back that the
inlet pipe has not leaked again since I've tightened. I'll be keeping
a close eye on it, and the rest of the tank, for the next several
months to ensure that the problem doesn't come back. If it does, I'll
try teflon tape and/or replace the inlet fitting(s). And if that
doesn't work, well, I'll evaluate my options then.

Thanks again.