Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Marty Escarcega[_2_] Marty Escarcega[_2_] is offline

Default WTD: Old Delta 1/2hp Motor

Jim Wilkins wrote in
:

On Oct 26, 12:34*am, Marty Escarcega wrote:
Looking for an old Delta 1/2hp 3450rpm motor. I believe the body is
6" in diameter. 3 phase ok...Cheap better! :-)
Marty

For the Toolmaker?

I put a half horse TEFC WEG (Brazilian) motor on mine. From what I've
read the surface finish isn't going to be perfect anyway, they say 20
microinches. It leaves a visible pattern in the ground surface that I
can break up and remove by cranking the wheel zig-zag.

Yup, for the toolmaker. Not looking for the "balanced" motor specifically,
but the old Delta motor that is 6" in diameter so it will fit under the
cast iron motor cover....
I know they aren't the best surface grinder in the world, but they it will
come in handy for my needs and it wasn't all that big. The price was right
at $250!

Thanks Jim!
Marty