Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 50mm Deep Chasing

TheScullster wrote:
"Andy Burns" wrote

TheScullster wrote:

I have been considering how to satisfy 17th Edition wrt cooker cable.
As I see it there are three options:
1 Fit RCBO in place of MCB for cooker feed
2 Use earthed steel conduit protection
3 Bury cable 50mm below wall surface.

4 Fix cable to wall using cable clips, so it will be unseen when the
kitchen units are fitted, routing it to the isolation switch without being
unsightly might be a challenge.

Having a solid floor means the cable is coming down from the ceiling, so
unfortunately your suggestion is a non-starter.

Phil

Well maybe not.

I had a similar situation, although my walls were plasterboard over ply
But one wall was distinctly 'bent' such that a worktop didnt really fit
flush against it, and neither did the eye level cupboards..

The answer was to instal the cupboards and units with an ugly gap, and
then I made a false wall between them with vertical battens and covered
it in 12mm MDF. I was going to tile it, but painted it and its still
that way.

cables run behind that..clipped to the wall behind.

All I lost was about an inch and a half of worktop.