Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jon[_3_] Jon[_3_] is offline

Default High return temperature on condensing boiler CH

On 31 Oct, 00:10, John Rumm wrote:
Jon wrote:
On 29 Oct, 18:09, fred wrote:
In article , Mark
writesHi,

My boiler shows the return temperature of the CH on its display.
Earlier today it was showing 75(C) which seems very hot. *As it is a
condensing boiler won't this mean it is operating outside its
condensing mode?
What is a good solution for this? *I don't think the pump is
adjustable.
It sounds as if your system has not been balanced, many (lazy)
installers say that this is not required on systems with TRVs which is
not true.

Follow the balancing procedure in the DIY faq at:http://www.diyfaq.org..uk/plumbing/h...ngsystems.html

The installers put a TRV on the return and a lock-shield on the flow
of one of my rads. Will this cause an issue where balancing is
concerned?

Not really. Some TRVs used to not like being on the return, but most are
bidirectional these days. Makes no difference to balancing though.

--
Cheers,

John.

Thanks John.