Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bill Noble[_2_] Bill Noble[_2_] is offline

Default Turning MICA

is this MICA substance a synthetic like corian? is MICA an acronym, or are
you referring to the mineral? As others pointed out, I doubt that the
mineral would be something you could do much with turning tools - kidna like
turning filo dough except that it's harder
"john young" wrote in message
Have aquired some pen blanks in this material. Does anyone have any
experience in turning this and can offer advice. I realise it will
need very sharp tools, but am a little concerned about sanding and
polishing, so any help would be much appreciated.

John