Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
BiffNightly[_2_] BiffNightly[_2_] is offline

Default Craftsman Lathe...Capacitor problem????

I have a craftsman 15" lathe (See link below) that was working fine until
the other day. I turned the lathe off to check on the progress of the bowl
I was turning & when I turned it back on the motor ran quite slow for about
10 seconds & then the breaker tripped. Now it won't come up to speed and the
motor will only run for about 10 seconds before the breaker trips. My guess
would be the capacitor, but I thought I would check with the experts in here
to see what you think.

P.S. I thought the lathe was a steal when I bought it from Sears outlet
store for a mere $380.00cdn. But now I'm beginning to rethink things a bit.

http://www.sears.ca/gp/product/B001J...earsBrand=core

Thanx in advance
Doug