Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Repost of EZ Etouffee

"Robatoy" wrote

Oh, btw, we can get Pace here, but it's stupid money. This better be
good! G

Hey ... you *will* be the first if it ain't! ... but there's no accounting
for taste. g

Just follow the recipe and don't get fancy..

Until the shrimp/crawfish are cooked, you'd swear you screwed up, but the
flavor really comes alive after that. It doesn't take long for shrimp to
cook, but don't rush to serve it, as it gets better the longer it sits ...
and, like most Cajun dishes, it's always better the next day.

And, as Pat said, don't skrimp on the shrimp/crawfish!

I usually use 2lb + shrimp with the basic recipe. and roughly double
everything from there for a larger party ... it won't hurt to double the
basic ingredients and use 5 lbs of shrimp/crawfish instead of 4 lbs ... that
takes you into a pretty good zone for balance between the sauce and
shrimp/crawfish.

Around here we chop some green onion tops and sprinkle them on top of the
sauce/rice before serving ... YMMV.

Bon appetite, cher!

--
www.e-woodshop.net